lunes, 23 de agosto de 2010

Modals Practice

Fill in a suitable modal verb: must, can, may, might.

I doubt that Peter will come to the party; he's got a lot of work to do.
Peter ... come to the party.



If A is bigger than B, and B is bigger than C, then A ... be bigger than C.



I'm sure he's a nice man.
He ... be a nice man.



Ann has been in bed all day.
She ... be ill.



I'm sure that isn't Betty - she's in France.
That ... be Betty.



It's possible it will rain tomorrow.
It ... rain tomorrow.



I'm sure he's not a teacher - he's too impatient.
He ... be a teacher.



Peter didn't take that money - I'm sure of it!
Peter ... be the thief.



I'm sure you're not serious.
You ... be joking.



Ellen won't help you.
Ellen ... help you, but I don't think she will.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario